Williamson Street Blues
Download Cassette Packaging Views (2.1 MB)
Recorded May 19, 1988 in Madison WI on the occasion of Bern's first Wisconsin visit. Recording & live dubbing: Miekal And. Rock version of The Last Acts of St Fuck You engineered by Steve Gassen, Noise & Smoke Studio, Chicago IL.
1. "The Last Acts of St Fuck You”
2. Hamar Blessing
3. Readings from the Chinese: "From the Most Distant Time" "Written of the Wall at Chang's Hermitage" "Banquet at the Shu Family Manor”
4. "Now & Now”
6. "My Life as an Indian”
7. “I Saw”
9. rendering from the Chinese: "The River Merchant's Wife: A Letter”
10. Rock version of "The Last Acts of St Fuck You”
1. "Numbers & Numbers Play”
2. performance of Madison, WI phonebook
3. reading from "Telephone Book Poems" by Liz Was
[The sounds on side two include: "I Passed This" by Malok; "The Werewolf Suite" by Michael Helsem; Telegu singing by Charles Glass; "Unbell Radio" by Qwa Digs Never Parish; music of Xenakis; "Trudgerosery" by Liz Was; "Praydio" by Miekal And]
Audio Muzixa Qet Madison, WI
Digitized from audio cassette.
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
contemporary poetry, experimental poetry, spoken word
American Studies | Art Practice | Creative Writing | Poetry
© Copyright 1988 Audio Muzixa Qet
Please contact Colby College Libraries, Special Collections for rights and reproduction requests that do not qualify as Fair Use under USA Copyright Law. See, for example, Columbia University, Copyright Advisory Office: Fair Use Checklist.
Porter, Bern, "Williamson Street Blues" (1988). Miscellany. 10.